How did the “Wedding Ring” originate?
- Vidar Jewelry’s Black Gold Rings.
- Vidar Jewelry’s Collections: A Brief Presentation
- Unique Engagement Rings at Vidar Jewelry
- Vidar Jewelry’s Stunning Microband Rings
- A Creative Proposal For Your Fiance
- Top Selling Wedding Rings
- Sapphire Ring is a great way to incorporate that “Something Blue” into your wedding!
- Some Tips On How To Keep Your Jewelry Clean
- What is the difference between an Engagement Ring and a Wedding Band?
- Why Get a Custom Wedding Ring for Your Better Half.
- Helping You Look Stylish on Your Special Day
- How to Stay out of Debt While Planning a Wedding – Vidar Jewelry
- Gold or Silver? Tips on how to choose a Custom Ring for your style
- How to Order the Perfect Engagement and Wedding Rings at Vidar Jewelry
- How to choose the perfect wedding ring for a man
- Educate yourself on Diamonds before making the purchase
- Choose a wedding ring that fits your woman
- Go Bold with a Colored Engagement Ring
- Colored engagement rings are a great choice for your bride-to-be!
- There are many shapes of diamonds, choose one that will fit your bride-to-be’s style!
- Diamond And GemStone Options for Wedding Rings
- Don’t just get a bland wedding band for your groom, be creative with a more flashy ring
- Matching Wedding Bands are gorgeous, which style is right for you?
- Unique Engagement Rings – From Vidar Jewelry
- Take a look at some of the top wedding ring trends!
- Wedding ring sets are a symbol of love, here are some ideas for you to choose from:
- Flower Engagement Rings at Vidar Jewelry
- Silver Engagement rings are a beautiful choice for your Bride-to-Be!
- Princess Cut Diamond Engagement Rings – For the True Princess of Your Heart!
- The Best Wedding Bands For You and Your Spouse
- Ruby Engagement Rings – Classy, Stylish and Full of Warmth
- Fancy Color Diamonds – Refinement and Uniqueness
- Go Green with your engagement ring!
- How did the “Wedding Ring” originate?
- how you should style your wedding ring?
- Thinking of A Unique Ring to Symbolize Your Love? Try Red Wedding and Engagement Rings!
- Add some brightness to your life with a beautiful Yellow engagement ring!
- Blue Engagement Rings Will Offer That Spark To Your Style
- Black Engagement Ring. Even the darkest of colors can sparkle!
- 10 Best Mens Ring For 2016
- Best Matching Wedding Band For 2016
- In 2016 Our Focus on Unique Matching Wedding Bands For His And Hers
How did the “Wedding Ring” originate?
Wedding rings are considered to be among the most beautiful symbols of the ever-lasting love between two people who love each other.
However common these rings may be though, the truth is that not many of the people out there actually know what is thhe origin of the modern-day wedding ring.
If you want to find out more about this, make sure to read on!
The very origin of the wedding ring is lost in the fog of time. However, it is believed that it was the Ancient Egyptians that first started to wear “wedding rings” made out of reeds, sedges and rushes. The circle symbolized the eternal love (and this is true not only for the Ancient Egyptians, but for many other Ancient cultures too). Furthermore, the hole in the middle of the ring symbolized a “gateway” that led to known and unknown events too.
Later on, wedding rings started to be made out of bone, ivory and other similar materials. It was not until the Romans that the wedding rings started to be made out of metal, starting with iron. However, in the Roman times, the wedding ring we know today was considered not so much a sign of love, but more of a sign of ownership.
Christians started using wedding rings only in 860 . By that moment, the design of the rings became extremely intricate. However, since the Church did not see this well (as it was considered a sign of attachment to mortal fortunes), the wedding rings started to be simplified and to look more like the modern-day wedding bands.
Over the course of time, wedding rings have been worn on all of the fingers (including the thumb) and they have been worn both on the right and on the left hand too. These days, couples wear their rings on the left hand – but it is not yet very clear where this tradition actually originated.
Searching for the ideal wedding rings?
Come visit Vidar Jewelry. We hold an impressive collection of rings to fit any kind of style – and if you cannot find what you are looking for, we can create a custom design just for you!
Contact us and learn more about our beautiful wedding rings!
- Our Best Sellers Diamond Women Men's Ring Styles
- Unique Personalized Stackable Microbands Rings
- Unique Solitaire Diamond Rings
- Custom Design Diamond Engagement Ring
- Unique Wedding Ring Sets
- Colourful Stones and Colored Diamond Engagement Rings
- Unique Matching Wedding Bands For His And Hers - Vidar Jewelry
- Unique Diamond Wedding Bands For Women
- Unique Mens Wedding Bands
- Unique Women's Silver Sterling Engagement Rings
- Custom Made Rings for Women and Men - Most Unique Rings